Over the past years, the office has worked very hard in establishing a work dynamic that would enable the alumni showcase their businesses as they also become a true partner in the development of the university. We have instituted meetings in different chapters where our campuses are, developed a very lively and productive cooperation with the University administration, and tried to bring some of executive members own experience from their work environments into the Association.
This year will mark several important milestones for the University as well as the Alumni Community. One important milestone is the launch of the KeMUAA Endowment Fund where we raised over 7 million Kenya Shillings. The next milestone is the AGM 2015. The AGM will be at Laico Regency Hotel from 11am – 1pm.
- Apologies and Introductions
- Communication from the Chair
- Consideration of Accounts (income and expenditure statements and Balance Sheet)
- Election of Office Bearers
- Any other Business with the approval of the chair-person
More information on Election
There are eleven positions in the Alumni Executive Committee:
- The Chair person.
- The Vice Chair person.
- The Secretary General.
- Assistant Secretary.
In addition, we are going to appoint other members of the Alumni to support the monitoring of any future income (e.g. scholarships).
We are very keen to continue this trend, and that’s why we need you! We are looking to fill these eleven positions with people who will bring energy, passion and dedication to the job but also not forget how to have fun. This is an amazing opportunity to learn and develop outside of your work while contributing to a greater cause and making a difference for the future.
Have a look at the descriptions below, and review the candidates! You can cast your vote in person at the Annual General Meeting on 30th May 2015. Vote wisely.
- The ideal candidate should possess some knowledge on entrepreneurship and would be able to bring their professional experience and knowhow to the benefit of the Alumni Community.
- All candidates must be a fully fledged (PAID UP SUBSCRIPTION 2,000) alumni member of KeMU, and will work with other members on developing, planning and executing the agenda of the Association.
- Driven by a strong interest in the alumni matters, the Candidate will bring ideas and provide initiative for executing an ambitious and inspiring roadmap for the Association.
- Bringing previous experience from the industry and/or academia, they will be able to take on a lead on assigned tasks and assume full responsibility for their delivery.
- They should bring a strong passion for the alumni cause, and ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- The ability and willingness to attend alumni meetings and possibly other University- and Association-related events (i.e. regional reunions) at own cost is expected (at least 2-3 times a year).
ALUMNI CANDIDATE MUST BE: Persons who have received degrees, diplomas, or doctorates from Kenya Methodist University.
Alumni website http://www.kemu.ac.ke/alumni/ or
Alumni face book page https://www.facebook.com/kemuaa
Voting will be done through secret ballot at Laico Regency hotel.
ALL candidates must submit Curriculum Vitae, Colored Passport size Photo and Platform Statement on or before 10th May 2015