- The key objectives of the programme are to prepare students wishing to upgrade their qualification to join Diploma or Undergraduate programmes.
- The programme prepares the students for progression ot higher levels of study in their fields of specialization.
- The course is offered under the Department of Education and Counseling.
The basic qualification for admission for this programme is at least KCSE C-(Minus) or its equivalent qualifications.
Mode of Study
- The program is offered on Full Time Mode , Part-time and School Based.
The University operates three semester system in one year. Admissions are done in January, May and September.
Duration of study
The Pre-University Programme takes a minimum of one trimester.
The programme is currently available in the following centers.
- Meru Campus (Full Time and School Based)
- Nairobi Campus (Full Time, Part Time and School Based)
- Nakuru Campus (Full Time and School Based)
- Mombasa Campus ( Full Time and School Based)
- Nyeri Campus (Full Time and School Based)
- Maua Centre (Full Time and School Based)
Intakes Per Year
The intakes for this programme are in January, May and September.
However application for admission to the programme can be done all year round.
For those interested in upgrading performance in individual subjects, we offer bridging courses in all Scinces, Language and Art based subjects.
Application forms are available at all the campuses and centers. You can also download the application forms from the University website: www.kemu.ac.ke.
Download the Brochure here..