Director: Mr. Sam Muli
Name and Location
Mombasa Campus, Mombasa City
Physical, Postal and email address
Narok Road (Buxton area)
P O Box 899983 – 80100
Distance in kilometers from Main Campus
The campus is approximately 780 kilometers from Meru via Nairobi
Mombasa campus is one of the six countrywide campuses of Kenya Methodist University. The Campus carries out the core business of a university: teaching, research, students’ welfare and community service.
The campus is located in the centre of mainland Mombasa along the Narok road, Buxton area, former Visa Oshwal Academy. The campus has an ultra modern library, specious lecture rooms and offices for both academic and administrative staff; Computer labs, halls, creative and activity space, water supply, stand by generator and 24 hours surveillance CCTV systems. The Campus has ICT infrastructure which includes, a campus network based on modern technology, which provides unlimited internet access to both students and staff and, many more facilities. The Campus focus is working towards attaining the University’s Strategic Goals, Vision and Mission of transforming the communities around us.
Programs on offer:
The Campus offers the following University’s programs:
- Education at Diploma, Degree and Masters levels;
- Business Administration from Diploma to PhD level;
- Information science from Diploma to first degree level;
- Nursing upgrading at degree level;
- Pre-university courses;
- short courses that are purposed to service special needs;
Full time; part-time for evening students; Weekend intensive and Distant Learning. The campus provides opportunity for all levels of learning, and all types of learners that need accommodation.
Top Campus officers:
We have a qualified and competent faculty and administrative staff that work as a team to ensure satisfaction of our clientele efficient service delivery. At campus management there are:
- Mr. Sam Muli – Campus Director
- Mr. Christopher Njoroge – Campus Academic Coordinator
- Dr. Agnes Kasusu Mutinda – Program Leader Nursing Upgrading
- Mr. Benjamin Harun Mwawasi – Program Leader education and Counselling
- Mr. Joel Charo - Program Leader Information Technology
- Paul Mwenda – Program Leader Business studies
- Mr. Reuben Muriiki - Assistant Dean of Students
- John Kamau – In-charge of Library
Campus has several collaborations and partnerships in the making:
- MOU with Pandya and other major hospitals in Mombasa for the benefit of our students practice and attachment.
- Working partnerships with two ECD Diploma centers, one in Kilifi and the other in Kwale to receive their students and them to offer our Diploma courses.
- Campus has collaborated with several organizations in organizing CSR events the latest being mangrove planting in Tudor Creek with Mersk Co. and Operation panda Miti Initiative.
- Kwale County Education Office invited KeMU in 2013 to start a campus / Center in Kwale and were ready to give land for this if interest was shown.
- Mombasa County Assembly granting our students slots for Internship and other collaborative research and consultancies that may come up.
Engagement with the County:
The Campus has had engagement with various Mombasa County Ministries:
- Ministry of education having visited and sent a proposal for partnership
- Ministry of Environment having already worked with them during a Mombasa Cleanup CSR organised by campus and officiated by the Chief Executive in the Ministry Hon. Awale and earlier on by a prominent Mombasa politician.
- Engaged Mombasa Deputy Governor as a Guest of Honour in our 2nd. Annual Academic Seminar at the Campus.
- Latest is the Mombasa County Assembly that expressed willingness to work with us.
Alumni span across major positions in the coast Counties and other organizations. Leadership positions taken by our graduated students speak of quality.
Students are occupied in various ways:
- Campus rugby team; swimming; football; pool; table tennis, Drama, Christian Fellowship; netball; volleyball and basketball pitches;
- A students centre; cafeteria etc
The Mombasa campus library is housed on a spacious ground floor. The library building provides adequate facilities for students, lecturers, staff and other authorized users as a convenient and conducive place for research and study. The building creates an ambience appropriate for scholarship and conducive for learning. It has incorporated ICT needs and functions as an integral part of the design concept including trunking, cabling and wireless connectivity. It also has adequate emergency and fire safety measures.