The Cisco Networking Academy is designed to complement the type of technology training
traditionally delivered by educational establishments and provides a hands-on introduction to the networking technologies that are driving business today.
The CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum is a gateway to entry-level networking jobs and IT careers. The curriculum consists of 4, 70-hour courses: Introduction to Networks, Routing and Switching Essentials, Scaling Networks, and Connecting Networks. The first 2 courses prepare you for the Cisco CCENT certification exam or to study CCNA Security. All 4 courses are recommended before taking the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification exam.
KenyaMethodist University Cisco Academy is currently offering the following courses:
- IT Essentials
- CCNA 1 CCNA R&S: Introduction to Networks
- CCNA 2 CCNA R&S: Routing and Switching Essentials
- CCNA 3 CCNA R&S: Scaling Networks
- CCNA 4 CCNA R&S: Connecting Networks
The courses are offered every month at KeMU hub 2ndfloor (Cisco Labs).Day classes are not yet available while evening classes start from 5.30pm-7.30pm.
Trainers and facilities
Kenya Methodist University has qualified and fully trained instructors for the Cisco Academy. The university has also provided computer laboratories for training fully equipped with PIV computers and internet connectivity. The training involves basic information technology knowledge to complex networking principles.
The Cisco Networking Academy is a public-private partnership between Cisco, governments, education Institutions, non-government organizations (NGOs) and industry, created to teach students how to design, build and maintain computer networks.
Features of the training
- Web-based content
- Online assessment
- Performance tracking
- Hands-on labs
- Instructor training and support
- State of the art equipment
The Kenya Methodist University Cisco Networking Academy began in 2012 and has been able to qualify a numberof students up to date, in both ITE and CCNA programmes.
Teaching basic to advanced IT skills, the Networking Academy prepares students for industry standard Certifications, including CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
Benefits to the students include:
· Develop a working knowledge of routing, switching, network applications, protocols, and services.
· Study with an instructor in the classroom and access expert content online anytime.
· Practice what you learn on both real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer, a network configuration simulation tool.
· Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
· Prepare for the workplace with collaborative projects and presentations.
· Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum builds the skills you need to get hired and succeed in jobs related to networking computers, devices, and things. Whether you’re preparing for your first job or specializing with more study, CCNA is a great foundation.
Career pathways include: network technician, support engineer, network administrator, network designer, network engineer, and more.
Certification: Cisco CCENT or Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching
For further information please contact:
The coordinator - Mr. Patrick Kinoti or trainer – Mr. Patrick Irungu
Kenya Methodist University Cisco Networking Academy,
KeMU Hub Building,
P.O. Box 45240 - 00100,
Download brochure here