Reporting to the Principal KeMU-TI, will ensure smooth running of KeMU-TI teaching, learning, assessment, recruitment of students and Marketing of the Programs in the institute.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In charge of curriculum implementation within the TVET Centre.
- Perform duties of Deputy-principal for the TVET Centre.
- Coordinate student recruitment and marketing for programs in the Centre.
- Supervise teaching, learning and assessment in the Centre.
- Act on behalf of the Centre principal in his/her absence.
- Provide assistance to individual students and/or parents with options for TVET
- Allocation of teaching Load and timetabling.
- Act as Assessment manager for the purpose of External Assessment Coordinate student welfare activities on behalf of the Centre principal.
- Provide information sessions for groups of students with regards to TVET Programs, work experience, school-based traineeships, and courses
- Lead a collaborative, supportive and dynamic professional environment that encourages positive conversations and effective learning.
- Collaborate with the Principal, Heads of Faculty and other middle leaders in the auditing, design and implementation of a whole Institute approach to Curriculum offerings and teaching and learning experiences with a particular emphasis on Vocational Education.
- Provide advice, information and assistance to relevant staff regarding documentation and related requirements for teaching TVET courses.
- Oversee KeMU-TI collaborative arrangements and compliance with MOUs.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular and effective communication with staff and stakeholders.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Centre Principal.
The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- At least three (3) years’ work experience in a similar or comparable position preferably in a training institution.
- Demonstrate ability to supervise, mentor and provide professional support to other trainers.
- Ability to plan student recruitment activities.
- Experience in student management and admissions.
- Ability to manage people.
How to apply:
Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents. Scanned copies of these documents must accompany the email application.
Applicants must also submit the following:
1. Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority
2. Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board
3. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
4. Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau
5. Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
6. Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
7. Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
All the positions above require individuals who are committed to Christian values and are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
All applications should be submitted as follows:
1. Three (3) hard copies, and
2. An electronic copy in PDF format to be sent direct to the Director, KeMU-TVET Institute through the email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
KeMU – TVET Institute
P.O. Box 267 – 60200
So as to be received not later than 30th September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are required to request their referees to write to us directly using the above address.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to download the consolidated jobs advert.