The Department of Microbiology offers a well structured curriculum and is supported by highly qualified and experienced teaching staff. The focus is to give the students the opportunity to be the best at what they do. This department aims at nurturing graduates who are equipped with efficient knowledge and effective skills. This will aid in ensuring the students positively stand out in the job market.
After successful completion in the programs offered in this department, graduates have a chance to join the vast industry and venture into most if not all the opportunities this field has to offer.
• Research Institutions
• Learning Institutions
• Government Agencies
• Biomedical Engineer
• Research Assistant
• Microbiologist (Industrial, environmental, etc.)
• Sales Representative (In the microbiology sector)
• Quality Assurance technologist
– Ph.D, Institute of Population Biology, Faculty of Natural Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark: Dissertation on Comparative Ecological Studies on Transmission of Schistosoma mansoni and Population Dynamics, Taxonomy and Molluscicide Sensitivity of Biomphalaria Pfeifferi, Intermediate Host of S. mansoni in Two Areas of Machakos District, Kenya
– MSc, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Diseases, London University, U.K.: Medical Parasitology and Entomology…Read More
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology
Science Complex, Main Campus
+(254)724-256162, EXT: 1503
Mon – Fri 8:00A.M – 5:00P.M